Ads 468x60px

Monday, August 1, 2011

Husky

I'll admit this picture is kind of sideways, but the husky shows pretty well despite all that (and the fact that I'm not a photographer).
Okay, so hi again everyone!'

This July I've been pretty much lying around, being lazy in all the senses. (That's actually pretty surprising for me.) Nothing much is happening...though I have been attending these random classes held at our library. I'm starting to wonder how they can possibly manage a group of kids kickboxing in a small room.
The juggling class was pretty decent, though it's kind of surprising when the juggler brought out his machetes. Not to be offensive (because you all know I'm not offensive), but I hadn't actually expected there to be real live MACHETES brought into a library. And a public library with kids in it! 'Course the juggler was pretty advanced with his tricks.
Our cousins just left to go back home. The sushi our wonderful aunt made while they were over was really yummy! ^.^ And the fruit platters, steak, lobster... I probably should note that I didn't actually try out the  lobster. I was already filled to the brim with the wonderful Japanese cuisine and Asian delicacies! The funniest part was trying to decide how to properly dip the sushi into the soy sauce without making a mess of rice. Okay, so should I hold it in my hands or with the chopsticks? And if I hold it with the utensils, how should I put it into the sauce? Rice and seaweed down? Or the fillings? Wait, no, that would just make a huge mess. I know, I'm just a goof. ^.^
Back to the amigurumi, though. I'm kind of tired of making these orders, but not because I'm bored. I'm literally tired. The days are getter hotter and school's about to burden us once again. Ugh. The yarn supply is luckily not diminishing this summer, but I'm suspecting I'll need more than one plastic cubby for this rainbow of fibers soon.
Anyway, I'm hoping to get some more finished before the end of August. There are so many expectant customers on the line! And a good business person knows you don't like to keep customers waiting. Of course, quality does come before waiting time in some cases...
All this work on trying to publish a short fiction novel is getting on my nerves. It's just too bad that I don't have that special software that organizes characters, individual backgrounds, plots, story lines and all that stuff for you. Seriously, there has to be something like that out there, right?

(Note: Just in case you didn't know, I've been working on improving this one story I started last November. Yeah, last November. That's kind of far behind and I can't honestly imagine how I'm ever going to finish all the rewrites and drafts before fall. At least I have the pool right outside to look forward to! But even that takes work to keep clean, so back to the slate.)

What are you looking forward to this summer?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Followers

Total Hits