Ads 468x60px

Saturday, June 2, 2012

Thanks!

So...thanks to everyone who helped me with Hidden! Admittedly, the sales have been really slow lately and I'm hoping I actually get that check I was promised sometime soon (at least before they forget the publishers forget that they offered me a royalty on every book sold.)
Recently, I've begun working on a sequel, but I'm not too sure whether that's going to be published anytime soon. Honestly, the actual idea of the Beings is kind of hard to digest for far too many people who haven't already been introduced to the idea via Stephen King, Orson Scott Card, and other science fiction/fantasy authors.
Also, school's about to be coming to an end and I'm hoping to get some good pictures up before then! I'm still debating whether or not I should continue art (especially since my drawing haven't been up to quality lately) and my culinary skills are lacking...
However, here's a peanut cracker I made with my sister's help, so enjoy! The original recipe was a graham cracker with a dab of peanut butter and Nutella smeared on top, then jammed onto another graham cracker. However, for peanut lovers, this alternative seems like an equally delicious choice!
By the way, I've found out something really cool -- internationally ranked memory champions don't actually have eidetic memory after all! They just have great control over their hippocampus, a well-toned spacial memory banks, and loads of training. Theoretically, anyone can train to become one of the greatest memory champions in the world! My own skills haven't been as lacking in the memory/focus category (compared to my failed artwork and food) so this is a cool hobby. Imagine the surprise when your friends find out that you won poker not from sleight of hand, but from memorizing the cards in all of their hands!

Last, but not least:
I recently won Ole Miss University's math contest. The prize came with a T-Shirt (since I'm a privacy freak, here's a pic of the T-shirt itself, rather than yours truly modeling it out). I've fallen in love with geeky shirts, so I can't wait to wear this and shout out to the world!


























No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Followers

Total Hits